Tramp Art Church update.
The proportions of this cupboard have been puzzling me for some time now. As it sits without any layers of applied wood, it looks kind of odd. I have convinced myself that the finished project that sits nebulously in my head will balance out as layers are added. Along the way I have tried some different ideas on the sides and back. This shot shows a couple of ideas that I tried out for the space on the sides. The problem arises when the door is opened. Anything added to the sides cannot interfere with the full opening of the doors. In my vision of the project, the doors will be left open. In the end, both of these ideas were scrapped. The bottom section is going well and is pretty straight forward. Here you can see that I have added the carved borders, notched the shelves and added the church door influenced center drawer front.
The majority of my time was spent working out the top section. I am working on combining punched and distressed metallic elements with the traditional tramp art carving. After I get all the individual parts cut out and notched, I will begin painting the background and etch the metal elements before final assembly. Here is where I left off:
My point and shoot digital camera had no idea what to do with this setup. I may set this aside for a while because I have had a couple new orders pop up. Also, there is another piece started that I want to post that involves sea critters and buttons.
As a little preview....