Tramp art and tin church cupboard nearly finished.
I finally got a couple of evenings back in the shop to work on this little cupboard again. I got side tracked getting my antique blacksmith forges ready to use now that the weather is good enough to work outside. Hopefully in a few months I will have more to say about using the forges.
In the previous post on this project I added most of the tin except for the sides. Now for the sides I have added punched tin panels with raised beading along the edges. I used my bead roller for the first time on this project and it took a little tinkering to figure out how I wanted the corners to look. I know there is a better way, which I hope to learn when I take a tinsmithing class at Campbell Folk School this fall. After adding the half round beading to the cupboard I decided it was a bit smooth. So I took a small cross peen hammer and added creases along the length of the tin. It is interesting how something as simple as a series of hammer dings can change the look of a project.
The final part to be added was the drawer pulls. In this case I heated off the shelf eye screws in my forge and reshaped them a little with a small hammer. They are mismatched and twisty and I think look pretty good against the crimped tin.
Between now and the next time I post on this project I will be working on adding a rusty patina to the tin.